These less sumptuous rooms, located in the west wing of the palace, are where the family members used to live their everyday lives. Luccan painters Francesco Antonio Cecchi and Giovanni Clemente Roberti decorated the antechamber in 1775. It leads to the bedroom used by the heir to the family fortune. Displayed here are a painting with Saint Francis in prayer, traditionally ascribed to Lodovico Ciardi, known as “Cigoli” (1559 – 1613), the Sacrifice of Isaac by Ferdinand Bol (1646), the 17th-century Holy Family attributed to Antoon Van Dyck, the Poutry seller and the Chestnut seller by Luccan painter Pietro Paolini (1603 – 1681) and two paintings depicting Vases with flowers by the best painter of floral subjects of the 17th century, Mario Nuzzi, known as Mario dei Fiori (“Mario of the Flowers”).
The bedroom with 17th-century furniture and a late-Baroque canopy bed has a vault framed by architectural motifs brightened up by vases with flowers and garlands, painted between the 17th and the 18th century; the room also displays some works by local painters.
The representation of Bacchus on the ceiling, painted by Florentine artist Giovanni Maria Ciocchi, indicates that this used to be a dining room; also on display are the Still lives painted in the second half of the 17th century by Luccan artist Simone del Tintore and Paolini’s Flageolet player.
The two following rooms were rearranged by Raffaele Mansi in the 19th century. The first one was probably a living room and it has been recently rearranged as such, using furniture from Palazzo Guinigi Magrini in Lucca; it houses part of the paintings donated in 1952 by marquis Vincenzo Massoni, including the remarkable View of Riva degli Schiavoni by Luca Carlevarijs (Udine 1663 – Venice 1730).
The second room, originally a bedroom, houses the Danae by Flemish artist Denys Calvaert (Antwerp 1540 – Bologna 1619) and an 18th-century painting by Lucca-born Lorenzo Moni whose View of Palazzo degli Anziani shows the original appearance of the area before the demolition ordered in 1806 by Elisa Baciocchi to create a square dedicated to his brother Napoleon. Also worth mentioning are two paintings by Giuseppe Antonio Luchi known as Diecimino (Lucca 1709-1774): Prometheus giving life to the clay statue with fire and Samson and Delilah. The refined sofa and the two armchairs were designed by Stefano Tofanelli (Lucca 1752 – 1812) for the country villa the Mansis owned in Segromigno.